Side effects seen after hair transplantation procedures may occur due to many reasons. Among these reasons, hair transplantation is performed by inexperienced surgeons or in poor-quality hair transplantation centers, and poor post-operative care comes first.
However, it should be noted that the majority of patients with side effects in hair transplantation procedures are patients who do not pay attention to their post-operative care. For this reason, it is recommended that you carefully follow the post-operative care guide prepared by your doctor for you.
So, what are the most common side effects after hair transplant surgery?
Pain, itching, swelling, and sleep disturbances are the most common side effects, especially in the postoperative few days.
Other side effects include:
- scalp pain, itching, and swelling
- crust or pus drainage around the surgical sites
- inflammation of hair follicles
- visible areas of hair that don’t match the surrounding hair or are noticeably thinner
- losing sensation around the surgical sites
- continuing to lose hair if your hair is still balding
To prevent hair transplant side effects, it is important to follow the aftercare guide prepared by your doctor. If you want to get more information, you can reach us by filling out the form.